Date and Time
9:00 am - 10:30 am
A property management portfolio now has to be made up of physical and virtual buildings; the virtual being a digital twin of the physical and representative of the evolution of the physical through all phases in its lifecycle. Digital twins are quickly proving to be a key strategic accelerator for digital transformation, unlocking the value created by the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and analytics.
According to a Gartner report, with an estimated 21 billion connected sensors and endpoints by 2020, digital twins will exist for billions of things in the near future. Potentially billions of dollars of savings in maintenance repair and operation (MRO) and optimized IoT asset performance.
But what exactly is the buzz about? What is a digital twin, what elements define it? When can/should we apply this technology? What makes it so powerful? And how will its adoption influence our design process and ultimately our buildings and cities?
These questions, and more, will be discussed in TECH Perspectives online on “Leveraging Digital Twin Technology” in conversation with:
- Microsoft’s journey to develop a digital twin approach
- CallisonRTKL on how digital twin informs the design and using the data gleaned from collected models, how do you make adjustments on prediction vs. reality
- Stantec on how it will affect building sensors and operations from room occupation to technology used to the temperature and air quality
- Learn how developing a digital twin strategy can help you harness the convergence of the digital and physical worlds. Join us and register now.
- Salla Palos Eckhardt – Director of Transformation Services, Microsoft
- William Kwon – Principal, Information Technology, Callison RTKL
- Sarah Dreger – Senior Principal, Discipline Leader, Buildings Digital Practice, Stantec
- Microsol Resources is an Approved Provider through the AIA/CES and will provide a Certificate of Completion for 1 AIA LU and PDH for this seminar.